Garmin Forerunner 945
Forerunner 945 is the GPS smartwatch that’s designed for the driven, the qualifiers, the elite. We made this watch for you: the up-at-dawn runners and the conditioned-for-pain triathletes. While you chase your next victory, make sure you’ve got the right tool for the job.
Garmin Forerunner 945
Who cares that Forerunner 935 gives you rich data like running dynamics, wrist-based heart rate, training status, FTP and VO2 max? A dedicated athlete like you who’s ready to beat yesterday. This premium GPS running/triathlon watch helps you fine-tune your training and recovery to be a better athlete.
Garmin Forerunner 945 Features:
- Smart Notifications: With Forerunner 945, you can head out for a training session without being out of touch. Once paired with your compatible smartphone, you’ll be able to receive text messages and see social media updates, emails and more right on your wrist. And safety and tracking features make it easy to share your location with chosen contacts in case you need assistance — manually, or automatically with built-in incident detection.
- Music: Take your favorite music with you when you’re on the run. Sync your carefully crafted playlists from select premium music streaming services¹ such as Deezer, Spotify® and more for ad-free listening. You can store up to 1,000 songs right on your watch and transfer music from your own computer library as well. Then queue up your favorite playlist for easy listening through headphones enabled with BLUETOOTH technology.
- Performance Insight: Forerunner 945 monitors your performance and even offers personalized insight, so you can train smarter, not harder. The smartwatch tracks your VO2 max and adjusts the value based on heat and altitude.
- Training Status: This evaluates your recent exercise history and performance indicators to let you know if you’re training productively, peaking or overreaching. See how your workouts influence the development of endurance, speed and power with aerobic and anaerobic training effect feedback.
- Recovery Time: Recovery time helps you maximize the benefit of your efforts by predicting when you will be ready for your next tough challenge. You can even view your overall training load, which measures your exercise volume from the last 7 days and compares it to the optimal range for your fitness and recent training history. And — new for Forerunner 945 — training load focus sorts your recent training history into different categories based on activity structure and intensity.
- Garmin Pay: The Forerunner 945 GPS smartwatch features Garmin Pay, which lets you pay for purchases with your watch. Use it just about anywhere you can tap your card to pay. Now you can leave your wallet behind without missing out on that post-run caffè latte. Just tap and go.
- Maps: Whether you’re running the city streets or riding densely covered trails, Forerunner 945 provides built-in mapping to help keep you on track. Full-color mapping comes preloaded with map data optimized for at-a-glance navigation and location tracking. And the device also features Trendline™ popularity routing, which uses billions of miles of Garmin Connect™ data to help you find and follow the best trails and routes.
- Multinetwork GPS: For such a lightweight watch, you’ll be surprised by everything Forerunner 945 can track. It features multinetwork (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) satellite reception to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone. It features wrist-based heart rate4 and a wrist-based Pulse Ox sensor5 which monitors blood oxygen saturation levels to support advanced sleep monitoring and altitude acclimation.
- Workouts & Training Plans: Whether you’re training for a marathon or something even longer, create your own custom workouts, or download free ones that sync right to your watch. Forerunner 945 also supports Garmin Coach adaptive training plans. These plans feature guidance from expert coaches and free training plans that adapt to you and your goals. It’s a foolproof way to get to the finish line. As part of your training plan, it can even help you predict your race time.
- Running Form Analyzation: The Forerunner 945 GPS smartwatch also has the tools you need to improve your running form. The watch measures crucial running metrics such as cadence, stride length, ground contact time and balance, vertical oscillation and vertical ratio. These measurements are the key to understanding your form, so you can bring your best on every run and at every race. Your Forerunner 945 can start tracking these metrics with the addition of a compatible heart rate strap or the compact Running Dynamics Pod, which clips right onto your waistband.
- Built-In Activity Profiles: Change things up with ease, thanks to built-in activity profiles for running (indoor/outdoor), cycling (indoor/outdoor), swimming (pool/open water), cross-country skiing, paddle sports, trail running and many more. Forerunner 945 even has an auto multisport feature that lets you switch sports with a single button press for brick workouts and du/triathlon races.
- All-Day Activity Tracking: Forerunner 945 is still an exceptional smartwatch for everything that happens between races and training sessions. All-day activity tracking keeps tabs on your steps and calories and even provides advanced sleep monitoring.
- Menstrual Cycle Tracking: Track cycle details, log physical and emotional symptoms and record personal notes for regular, irregular and menopause transition cycle types.
- Connect IQ Store: Get endless personalization options, download free apps, widgets and data fields.
Garmin Forerunner 945 Physical & Performance:
- GPS: Yes
- Resolution: 240 x 240 pixels
- Type: Sunlight-visible, transreflective memory-in-pixel
- Size: 1.2″ diameter (30.4 mm)
- Battery Life:
- Smartwatch Mode: Up to 2 weeks
- GPS mode with music: Up to 10 hours
- GPS mode without music: Up to 36 hours
- Weight: 50 g
SKU: 010-02063-00 UPC: 753759211677